How to Join the IDS Project?
Any library within the United States is encouraged to join the IDS Project. Annual membership costs $1,500 and members must subscribe to the OCLC ILLiad Resource Sharing Management Software
. Members sign a membership contract that can be obtained from Mark Sullivan, the IDS Project Executive Director.
If you are interested in joining the IDS Project, please contact Mark at email@example.com
Benefits of joining the IDS Project
- Emphasis on building "a unified community of trust & support"
- Unmediated article request management
- Workflow services and tools: Workflow Toolkit, GIST, Mentors, Training, etc.
- Real-time and multi-level ILL transaction performance data analytic tools for performance and programmatic evaluation (TPAM)
- Trained teams of volunteer mentors (applications & technical)
- User-centric definition of an ILL transaction
- Handle both physical items (books, media, etc.) and articles
- Contractual performance benchmarks
- Objective data for decision making & policy development
- Extensive sharing of eJournals
- No charges for loans among IDS libraries
- Commitment of talent and time of members